National Pizza Day
Happy National Pizza Day!
Tuesday 9th February marks National Pizza Day and there’s only one way to celebrate! Dina Foods has recently expanded its flagship Paninette® flatbreads range to include a Paninette® pizza base and making pizza has never been so easy.
The new soft-dough Paninette® pizza base, baked in Dina Foods’ traditional stone ovens, can be filled, used as a wrap or topped like a pizza, and served at any time of day, especially when time is of the essence.
Savoury or sweet toppings can be added to create your unique pizza. Each member of the household can create their own bespoke pizza with toppings of their choice, which makes for an instant win across all age groups and fun for all the family.
Dina Foods’ new eight-inch white-bread Paninette® pizza bases are supplied in a pack of four, are vegetarian-friendly, and have a 90-day shelf life due to the modified atmospheric packaging used. The versatile new product is being launched in response to the growing demand for quick and healthy meal-time solutions, as working from home becomes the new normal.
These Paninette® pizza bases are also perfect for authentic Lebanese pizzas, known as Manakeesh, with toppings such as the traditional Za’atar mix which includes thyme, sesame seeds, sumac and olive oil (recipe below); Lahm Bi Ajeen which is made up of a spiced minced lamb mixture; or cheeses such as halloumi and mozzarella.
Follow our recipe below to make the authentic Lebanese Za’atar Manakeesh using the Dina Foods Paninette® pizza bases:
This traditional savoury Lebanese pizza is perfect at breakfast, brunch or lunch and is vegetarian friendly! It is best served alongside tomatoes and cucumber, fresh mint, spring onions, and feta or labneh.
Preparation: 15 Minutes
1 packet of Dina Foods’ Paninette® pizza bases
3-4 tbsp Olive Oil
*You can buy the Za’atar mix at your local supermarket or make your own mixture using the following ingredients: dried thyme, toasted sesame seeds, sumac and a pinch of salt.
- To begin, pour your Za’atar mix in to a small bowl and drizzle in some olive oil. Continue to mix the olive oil and Za’atar together until the Za’atar has been coated in olive oil and is no longer dry.
- Place one of your Dina Foods Paninette® pizza bases in a medium sized frying pan, on the stove on a medium heat. Warm up the pizza base for a few minutes until it starts to turn golden and soft on the side it’s placed on.
- Using a spatula, flip the bread over on to its other side and allow for the bread to heat up for another few minutes until it starts to turn golden on the second side.
- Remove the pizza base off the heat and on to a tray or plate. Start to spread a thin layer of your Za’atar mixture on to one side of your pizza base.
- Repeat this process with the remaining three pizza bases. They are now ready to serve and enjoy!